- manimo Weighted Animals
- Sensory Solutions
- Stress Management
- Fine Motor
- Time Management
- Furniture and Accessories
- Gross Motor
- Language and Social Skills
- Homework Essentials
- Gift Card
- Hygiene measures
Product Code: 4224000
These river stones help to improve movement control, visual distance estimation, coordination and balance, all through a fun course. Use your imagination to arrange these small triangular slopes to vary the level of difficulty. The little ones often use their hands and as they get older they will move from one stone to the next, adapting their steps so that their feet reach the platform. Older children will work on their balance by placing their feet at an angle on the stones, jumping from one stone to another or spacing the stones so that it is more difficult to keep their feet off the ground.
This activity also helps to strengthen sensory integration. The child uses the vestibular system to balance and hold onto the river stones. They will use their sense of touch to feel where to place their foot. In an attempt to control the way they place their foot, children use their sense of proprioception to tell them how much force to apply and how much range of motion to expect in order to successfully move. Once the game is over, the stones will fit together perfectly for discreet storage.
- Educational: contributes to the development of global motor skills for children of all ages
- Sensory: touch, proprioception and vestibular system will be solicited while moving on the river
- Evolutionary: possibility of adapting the activities to follow the evolution and the age of the children
- Availability: Out of stock
- Age: 2 years and up
- Colours: nordic (blue, green, yellow, red, beige and light gray)
- Dimensions: 3 large stones of 36 x 36 x 8.5 cm and 3 small stones of 25 x 25 x 4.5 cm
- Maximum load: 100 kg
- Contents: 6 stones
- Composition: stones are made of durable PP plastic with non-slip rubber edges
- Assemble a course with pebbles of different colours and sizes. Vary the space between the pebbles.
- Tell the child which colour to jump on.
- The child must line up their feet, regardless of the direction of their jump (front, back, left, right).